My college did this thing today where they laid out the backpacks of students who have committed suicide. This is just a small portion of some of them. On top of the backpacks was a brief summary of who they were. Some backpacks even had things in them that bypassers could look at. Don’t ignore the signs of others.
Oh my god
"If you could give one piece of advice to a large group of people, what would it be?"
"Try your best to deal with life without medicating yourself."
"You mean drugs?"
"I mean drugs, food, shopping, money, whatever. I ain’t judging anybody, either. I was hooked on heroin for years. But now I’ve learned that every feeling will pass if you give it time. And if you learn to deal with your feelings, they’ll pass by faster each time. So don’t rush to cover them up by medicating them. You’ve got to deal with them."
Room Portraits by Menno Aden
Through challenging camera angles Menno Aden abstracts most familiar actual living environments and public interiors into flattened two-dimensional scale models. A camera that the artist installed on the ceiling of various rooms takes pictures downwards of the interiors. The resulting images lay out space in symmetrical compositions that look like assemblages stripped off any kind of objectivity. The views into private homes and secret retreats bring up associations of the ubiquitous observation camera. The notion of surveillance is systematically played out by the artist to hint at society’s voyeuristic urge that popular culture has made mainstream.
1. There are plenty of ways to enter a pool. The stairs is not one of them.
2. Never cancel dinner plans by text message.
3. Don’t knock it ‘til you try it.
4. If a street performer makes you stop walking, you owe him a buck.
5. Always use ‘we’ when referring to your home team or your government.
6. When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
7. Don’t underestimate free throws in a game of ‘horse’.
8. Just because you can doesn’t mean you should.
9. Don’t dumb it down.
10. You only get one chance to notice a new haircut.
11. If you’re staying more than one night, unpack.
12. Never park in front of a bar.
13. Expect the seat in front of you to recline. Prepare accordingly.
14. Keep a picture of your first fish, first car, and first boy/girlfriend.
15. Hold your heroes to a high standard.
16. A suntan is earned, not bought.
17. Never lie to your doctor.
18. All guns are loaded.
19. Don’t mention sunburns. Believe me, they know.
20. The best way to show thanks is to wear it. Even if it’s only once.
21. Take a vacation of your cell phone, internet, and TV once a year.
22. Don’t fill up on bread, no matter how good.
23. A handshake beats an autograph.
24. Don’t linger in the doorway. In or out.
25. If you choose to go in drag, don’t sell yourself short.
26. If you want to know what makes you unique, sit for a caricature.
27. Never get your hair cut the day of a special event.
28. Be mindful of what comes between you and the Earth. Always buy good shoes, tires, and sheets.
29. Never eat lunch at your desk if you can avoid it.
30. When you’re with new friends, don’t just talk about old friends.
31. Eat lunch with the new kids.
32. When traveling, keep your wits about you.
33. It’s never too late for an apology.
34. Don’t pose with booze.
35. If you have the right of way, take it.
36. You don’t get to choose your own nickname.
37. When you marry someone, remember you marry their entire family.
38. Never push someone off a dock.
39. Under no circumstances should you ask a woman if she’s pregnant.
40. It’s not enough to be proud of your ancestry; live up to it.
41. Don’t make a scene.
42. When giving a thank you speech, short and sweet is best.
43. Know when to ignore the camera.
44. Never gloat.
45. Invest in good luggage.
46. Make time for your mom on your birthday. It’s her special day, too.
47. When opening presents, no one likes a good guesser.
48. Sympathy is a crutch, never fake a limp.
49. Give credit. Take blame.
50. Suck it up every now and again.
51. Never be the last one in the pool.
52. Don’t stare.
53. Address everyone that carries a firearm professionally.
54. Stand up to bullies. You’ll only have to do it once.
55. If you’ve made your point, stop talking.
56. Admit it when you’re wrong.
57. If you offer to help don’t quit until the job is done.
58. Look people in the eye when you thank them.
59. Thank the bus driver.
60. Never answer the phone at the dinner table.
61. Forgive yourself for your mistakes.
62. Know at least one good joke.
63. Don’t boo. Even the ref is somebody’s son.
64. Know how to cook one good meal.
65. Learn to drive a stick shift.
66. Be cool to younger kids. Reputations are built over a lifetime.
67. It’s okay to go to the movies by yourself.
68. Dance with your mother/father.
69. Don’t lose your cool. Especially at work.
70. Always thank the host.
71. If you don’t understand, ask before it’s too late.
72. Know the size of your boy/girlfriend’s clothes.
73. There is nothing wrong with a plain t-shirt.
74. Be a good listener. Don’t just wait for your turn to talk.
75. Keep your word.
76. In college, always sit in the front. You’ll stand out immediately.
77. Carry your mother’s bags. She carried you for nine months.
78. Be patient with airport security. They’re just doing their jobs.
79. Don’t be the talker in a movie.
80. The opposite sex likes people who shower.
81. You are what you do, not what you say.
82. Learn to change a tire.
83. Be kind. Everyone has a hard fight ahead of them.
84. An hour with grandparents is time well spent. Ask for advice when you need it.
85. Don’t litter.
86. If you have a sister, get to know her boyfriend. Your opinion is important.
87. You won’t always be the strongest or the fastest. But you can be the toughest.
88. Never call someone before 9am or after 9pm.
89. Buy the orange properties in Monopoly.
90. Make the little things count.
91. Always wear a bra at work.
92. There is a fine line between looking sultry and slutty. Find it.
93. You’re never too old to need your mom.
94. Ladies, if you make the decision to wear heels on the first date, commit to keeping them on and keeping your trap shut about how much your feet kill.
95. Know the words to your national anthem.
96. Your dance moves might not be the best, but I promise making a fool of yourself is more fun then sitting on the bench alone.
97. Smile at strangers.
98. Make goals.
99. Being old is not dictated by your bedtime.
100. If you have to fight, punch first and punch hard.
Blackfish - Trailer
Beyond the lies, beneath the deception, the truth will surface.
OKAY, WE NEED TO REBLOG THE FUCK OUT OF THIS. EVEN IF YOU’RE NOT AN ANIMAL PERSON, YOUR FOLLOWERS NEED TO SEE THIS. ESPECIALLY DURING THE HEIGHT OF VACATION SEASON. DO NOT SUPPORT SEA PARKS WITH CAPTIVE WHALES. IT’S NOT ENVIRONMENTAL PROPAGANDA (I can’t believe I even used those words) IT’S A REAL ISSUE AND IT’S NOT A MATTER OF PROOF, IT’S A MATTER OF COVERING IT UP AND IGNORING
Okay let me tell you some shit about Orcas I found out while doing a report on them
Orcas are smart ass mother fuckers. In the wild they hunt fish in pods so they can create a net of bubbles to capture fish and then eat them. They also hunt in pods so they can create waves to knock seals off of ice flows. Orcas are so smart they form societies based on their ancestry so they can care for their young and survive.The entire ocean is full of orcas that are smart enough to distinguish between humans and actual prey. And I know this because ORCAS HAVE NEVER KILLED HUMANS IN THE WILD. NEVER. THESE ANIMALS ARE SO SMART THEY KNOW AFTER A QUICK GLANCE THAT “HEY THAT’S NOT A SEAL. THAT’S NOT SOMETHING I WANT TO EAT, IT’S A GROSS HUMAN”
GUESS WHAT ELSE, MOTHERFUCKER? THE ONLY KNOWN DEATHS FROM ORCA ATTACKS HAVE BEEN IN CAPTIVITY.
WE HUMANS TOOK THESE MAGNIFICENT CREATURES FROM THEIR HOMES AND PUT THEM IN THE EQUIVALENT OF A BATHTUB AND THEN WE GET UPSET WHEN THEY ATTACK US. IT’S NOT THE WHALES FAULT.
AND YOU KNOW THOSE “CUTESY” FLOPPED OVER FINS? THAT’S ACTUALLY CAUSED BY THE TANKS BEING SO SHALLOW AND ROUND. IN THE WILD ORCAS CAN GO THOUSANDS OF FEET DEEP AND THE WATER PRESSURE IS WHAT KEEPS THE FINS UP, BUT IN THE TANKS THE WHALE IS STUCK SWIMMING IN A CIRCLE SO IT DEVELOPS A CRIPPLED FIN.
SO DON’T EVER TELL ME WHALES IN CAPTIVITY IS A GOOD THING, BECAUSE YOU’RE WRONG MOTHERFUCKER.
SOURCES SO YOU CAN VERIFY THAT THIS SHIT IS TRUE.
Best goddam thing I’ve ever read
I’m…. Casually going on over 36,000 notes guys….
Finally you are all paying attention to what is the reality of this industry.
The exact reason I beg my parents not to take me or my brothers there and I hate everytime we go to San Diego because we go there.
ORCA’S ARE MY FAVORITE FUCKING ANIMAL AND ALTHOUGH I LOVE SEEING THEM I REFUSE TO GO TO FUCKING SEA WORLD AND SHIT BECAUSE I WOULD RATHER GO BOAT WATCHING AND SEE THEM IN THE WILD NO ANIMAL DESERVES TO LIVE IN THESE SMALL CONDITIONS INCLUDING ZOO ANIMALS UNLESS OF COURSE THEY ARE RESCUED I JUST LOVE ORCAS AND CANT STAND SEEING IN THESE CONDITIONS